QS Supplies offers a comprehensive range of long-lasting steel bathtubs from top brands such as Kaldewei and Bette, as well as Saniform, Twyford and more. Some of our models include twin grips for extra safety. These types of tubs are suitable for large and small bathrooms alike.
Why choose a steel bath?
Some people think of these as old-fashioned, and indeed, they were a very popular option in the past. In more recent times they have been surpassed in popularity by acrylic and a variety of other materials, both synthetic and natural. We have nothing against other types of tubs, and we sell those too (we truly have something for every taste). But here are seven very good reasons to consider steel:
- Toughness – Steel tubs from high-end specialists such as Bette and Kaldewei are extraordinarily hardy and impossible to scratch. The 3.5mm thick steel models are also extremely impact-resistant, so even if you accidentally drop a heavy object on them, they’re not likely to chip.
- Resistance to UV light – Our Sun is a glorious giver of life, but an insidious thief of colour and acrylic can be particularly susceptible to fading or changing colour with years of UV exposure. With a premium quality steel-enamel bathtub, you will not have that problem.
- Imperviousness to limescale – This hard, chalky, off-white substance is the bane of many householders, showing up on pipes, toilet bowls, bathroom and kitchen taps and household appliances. But it is much less likely to be a problem in a steel tub.
- Invulnerability to bacteria and moulds – Since steel is non-porous, it is an unfriendly environment for mould, bacteria and other nasty little life forms that have no place in your bathroom.
- Resistance to chemicals – With the right finish a steel bathtub is resistant to most common household chemicals, so you needn’t worry about discolouration or corrosion. (These tubs also easy to clean, so more than likely you won’t need to use harsh chemicals anyway.)
- Environmental friendliness – Whilst acrylic is produced by burning fossil fuels, steel, a natural raw material, is completely recyclable. It’s an excellent choice if you are concerned with the health of the environment.
- Exquisite heat conductivity – Though steel is cold to the touch (which, come to think of it, can be quite nice on a sweltering summer day, or if one happens to be suffering from hot flushes), it is actually an excellent heat conductor. Your steel tub will warm up very quickly once you fill it with hot water.
All things considered, a good quality steel enamel bathtub is an excellent investment and is likely to retain its new appearance for decades from the time it is installed.
How do you choose the right the right one?
Not all steel baths are created equal. For example, the thickness of the steel is very important. Some cheaper varieties of steel tubs, fashioned with thinner steel, are quite easy to chip and hard to mend, so you are better off with one of our thicker, higher end models. There are several other practical considerations as well, most notably the size of your space. And of course, there are matters of taste and aesthetics, like shape and colour. A bathtub is not just a functional item; it is also a statement of style.
Shopping for a bathtub may seem simple on the surface, but with such a cornucopia of choices available it can quickly become overwhelming. Not to worry: our team of experts at QS Supplies can simplify the entire process for you and even make it fun. We are available to help you choose the right steel bath for your needs (as well as all accessories); to ensure that everything is delivered and installed on a timely basis; and to make sure that you are 100 percent satisfied with your purchase.
Enjoy browsing our pages of quality durable steel baths, and please let us know how we can be of service to you.